Sunday, January 11, 2009

Now my blog would not be complete without a picture of these little baskets. One of the ladies from the Craft forum posted the link for these and most of the members made them. I ended up making three for Christmas - the first two to the pattern and the third one I made bigger all round proportionately. Some of the ladies made quite a few of them. They looked lovely when filled with the bits and pieces I put in them and the recipients loved them.



Well all good things must come to an end - so they say - and so it is back to work for me tomorrow. I have really enjoyed the time off and it has given me some "me time", time to catch up on reading and shopping. We also did a couple of day trips to the Southern Highlands and the Blue Mountains.

I have also made a good start on a new quilt. I was given a couple of quilting magazines for Christmas and found a quilt pattern that I just had to have. I have been wanting to make a quilt using oriental fabrics for sometime and here was the perfect one. I will be taking some progress photos and put them up soon.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Karen they look lovely and bright .
Clare's Craftroom

Linda Moore said...

Ooh exciting a new plan for the oriental fabrics!