Monday, April 13, 2009

I hope everyone has had a safe and happy Easter as we did. Whilst we opted to stay home (as we always do at Easter and any other short break) we took ourselves off to the Blue Mountains on Saturday (and so did everyone else!) The main reason for visiting was to enjoy autumn in the Mountains - which has not arrived as yet - however we did see some lovely autumn colour at Mt Wilson.




Mt Wilson is a pretty little place full of lovely country meandering lanes and quaint cottages. I just love this little church.



What is beyond the gate?



On most weekends - especially autumn and spring the property owners open up their spectacular gardens to the public. As you can see the leaves have not "changed" much this year so far however whatever season you visit Mt Wilson there is always a lovely serene country charm about it.

Of course I had to do a bit of stash building over the Easter break - not that I needed anything in particular but you never know when you just need "that" piece.

I particularly like the end piece with the grapes, bottles and glasses of wine. I have been looking for something like this for sometime and snapped it up in one of the lovely little patchwork shops in the Mountains. The rest I was lucky enough to grab at the "Spotty" sale for $3/$5 per metre.



And this lot just because I liked them.

3 comments:

Vicki ♥ said...

I love your photos of the trees....real autumn looking. Magnificent trees. I also love your fabrics you got and what a good price too..Well done!!

Unknown said...

Beautiful photos , love the church and of course the fabric .

Jo said...

I love your photos Karen. You are talented in that area as well!