Sunday, January 30, 2011

A man's quilt

Last year I made mum a snuggle quilt for mothers day and I have since found out that dad was in the habit of stealing a corner or two on a cool night - now as you know a snuggle quilt is for one to snuggle into and not meant to be shared - so with dad having a birthday today I set to a couple of months ago to rectify this situation for the cooler nights ahead and in the piccie below you can see what I came up with.



My biggest challenge doing this quilt was working with the colour brown as it is not my favoutire colour and finding fabrics that were not floral and girly. I am pleased with the end result as was the recipient.

9 comments:

suzie said...

Very nice colours Karen. Very manly for your dad to snuggle under.

barb's creations said...

Lovely quilt Karen.I have the same problem and find it hard to work with brown too :) Barb.

Terri's Place said...

What a lovely masculine quilt, Karen. I can see why your dad must be very pleased with it. :))

Kimba4 said...

Your quilt is just lovely Karen

Linda said...

Lovely quilt Karen. Definitely looks snuggly and warm.

Margarita said...

Looks great Karen, I am sure your dad loves it.

Quiltin' Sandy said...

lOVELY QUILT, KAREN. THE COLOURS ARE VERY NICE AND JUST RIGHT FOR A "MALE" QUILT. :)

RobynLouise said...

Lovely colours but then I'm into earthy fabrics. I particularly like the white border as it seems to make the lighter colours pop out of the quilt.

Jo said...

A lovely quilt Karen, your Dad must be very happy with it.