Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Easter weekend activities

The Easter long weekend tends to be wet and this year was no exception.    On Good Friday hubs and I had lunch with my parents and watched the rain fall down and on Easter Saturday it was even wetter.    A good day to head to my sewing room and finish off a few items.    Firstly a winter pinny for bubs

Followed by a warm fleecy jacket and matching pants


I managed to cut out another pair of pants and jacket for bub.


As well as a top for me.   I have had this pattern for about 20 years and I love it.   It is such an easy pattern, goes together easy and fits well.


I am pleased to say that I am making progress on all those fabric strips that I have been working on over the last few months.    Some of them are pinned onto my version of a design wall


Easter Sunday dawned at it was a lovely sunny morning.   A good day to get stuck into the garden and pull out some of those pesky weeds and overgrown ferns which offered no resistance due to the very wet soil after all that rain.


Easter Monday was just as nice a day  so I started the day with an early morning walk along the beach.   The next photo shows sunrise over the horizon at Mona Vale beach


I turned around to look behind me and saw that the moon was still up


I hope that you all had an enjoyable Easter.   Back soon and wishing you lots of happy sewing  in the meantime.

1 comment:

Ondrea said...

How cute are those clothes! You certainly achieved heaps.