Saturday, May 9, 2015

Mother Nature

I have a friend who has been supplying me with some  small yummy tomatoes over the last couple of years and I have been trying very unsuccessfully to grow them.    The seeds germinate, grow fairly tall and they bear small yellow flowers but no fruit ever eventuates.   I have tried growing them in a few different parts of the garden but still no fruit.

A couple of  weeks ago when pulling out some weeds in between a hibiscus and azalea bush  I had my hand on what I thought was a huge weed which I was just about to give a good yank to and I spotted something small and green growing on the plant.   I quickly let go to have a closer look and to my surprise was a tomato bush which had self-seeded on the other side of the garden.


So obviously Mother Nature knew where the best spot in the garden was for the tomato plant to flourish.  

I am very proud of my first harvest and now that the sun has returned after all that rain I look forward to being able to pick many more tomatoes.


I have been busy making a cushion cover and will be back soon with some piccies which I am about to do after lunch.  Back soon and in the meantime


Happy sewing all

No comments: