Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Odds and Ends

Is what I found when cleaning up my sewing room yesterday.    With  a New Year only two days away it was time to do a clean up and tidy of my sewing room.     I hate to admit it but the floor was not visible in some areas because of the piles of fabric, books etc that have somehow not been put back in their rightful place after using them.   While doing my tidy up I found a few UFO's that have gathered - my pet hate as I do not like to start something and then not finish it - but my excuse was that I had to stop and start something else of importance.     These include what started out as a quilt many years ago and never  progressed past the second row so it was time to call it a tabletopper and get it sandwiched and pinned ready for quilting.

Some Christmas towels that just need to have the top part sewn on and a button for hanging.  They can then go into my "giftie" box for next Christmas.

I also started what was intended to be a bedrunner quite a few years ago and it was buried under a pile of fabric.   The time has come to turn that into a tablerunner but before that I need to take off the paper.    Something to do in front of tv of a night.
Then there is the matter of many dozens of hexagons which have been made up into larger flowers but never progressed past that point.     I do have a plan for them but need to give that a bit more thought before finally deciding on their fate.

A Christmas panel which I found while putting fabric away.    I also sandwiched and pinned it ready for quilting.
 
I have to be very strict with myself and get all of the above done fairly quickly as the "project co-ordinator" at my quilt group  has lined up an exciting year of projects and challenges and I want to take part  knowing that I do not  have a string of unfinished items.

On a positive note I did start and finish a few burp clothes for a friend's soon to be born grandson.  I will make a few more but have run out of flannette which I like to use as a backing on them.   That problem was sorted out this morning with a trip to the fabric shop.    I have pre-washed it and it is on the line drying.  
And I  had a secret sewing item that I was not able to show before Christmas.   I made this cushion for hubby for his special chair.   He has a love of steam trains and when I saw this fabric I thought it would be perfect for him.

So it looks like I have a couple of busy days ahead finishing off the above.   I hope to be back soon with some piccies of what I have finished and in the meantime

Happy sewing all

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there to all, how is all, I think every one is getting more from
this website, and your views are fastidious designed for new
viewers.