Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Happy New Year

How has it already become the 5th day of the New Year and I have not wished everyone a Happy New Year and all good things for 2016?    Was it because I was arranging the VPP - very private party - that hubs and I host each New Year's Eve  just for the two of us

As you can see such a lot of preparation has gone into "our party" where we have a few nibbles, along with some yummy cheeses, fruit, dips and of course a glass or two of bubbles to bring in the New Year while we channel surf and watch the midnight fireworks on TV.   It is then time to toddle off to bed without having to fight the massive crowds that gather to watch the fireworks in the City and get home via public transport.  

Or was because I did manage to complete 3 of the items on my UFO list.  The first being the kitchen towels that needed to have their tops and buttons sewn on.    These are now in my "giftie" box for next Christmas.



The second item crossed off the list was originally intended to be a quilt but sat around for far too long so I turned it into a tabletopper.    I did loose my "points" by not adding a third row before binding it but it would have been too big as a tabletopper with another row.
 And the third item finished was the Santa panel  that I found while tidying up my sewing room so that is now ready waiting to be hung when Christmas comes around again.  I just did simple outline quilting around Santa to make him stand out.

So I am very pleased to be making progress with my UFOs and I even had a chance to have a play with the hexies and have worked out my final plan for them.  I still need to make a few more which I will take with me to do on  Saturday at my quilting group.  I may not get too much done as we have a "new temporary home" for our group while our current premises are being upgraded and we will need to get ourselves organised and settled in before much sewing happens.

I have made a list of what I would like to achieve in 2016 in relation to sewing and at this stage it is under control but somehow I always find extras being added in as time goes by.

Best wishes to everyone for a happy, safe, healthy and creative 2016.    I look forward to doing much blog hopping as well as posting throughout the year and in the meantime
  
Happy sewing all



No comments: