Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Going around in circles

My One Monthly Goal for March was to play catchup with my Quilty 365 circles.   I had to do January, February and March and I am very pleased to say that I got there in the end.   Here are my January circles

February circles

And March.   I still have a few more to go for March.


I have tried to make each circle represent something that has happened on every day - a birthday, anniversary, gardening, cooking, sewing, having a day out with friends, the beach, a holiday,   maybe weather related like an umbrella for rain, blue for clear skies or doing mundane domestic chores.    I am thinking that this will be a memory quilt of 2016.  

I am using a close zig zag stitch on my machine to applique each circle onto a background of off white fabric and my stitching around a circle is getting plenty of practice.    It is quite a tedious task pulling the threads through and tying them off - a good job for in front of tv of a night.

I am really enjoying rummaging through my scraps and novelty fabrics to find a suitable piece to describe the day.      Three months down and 9 to go.   This is going to be quite a big quilt.    Perhaps I will make 6 months on the front and 6 months on the back - two for the price of one.    I will give this more thought as my block count grows.

If you would like to see what other One Monthly Goals have been achieved during March head over here.

Linking up with Quilty Folk

Back soon and in the meantime

Happy sewing all



8 comments:

Helen said...

Wow coming along beautifully !!!

Kate said...

You've done well on getting caught up. There are some fun fabrics in those circles.

Ondrea said...

That is really a lovely idea and the circles are very effective. Well done!

Anthea said...

Wow great progress there Karen... lovely ideas with the fabrics too... would you consider blocks of small size too, so the quilt doesn't end up so massive? Just a thought

Heidi said...

Your dots are awesome! I am on day 122, and was able to keep up well until about day 100 - perhaps this should be my April goal! Good job and thanks for linking up!

audrey said...

It's going to be a great memory quilt the way you're making it.:)

Marle said...

You have chosen wonderful fabrics for your circles. I like this diary or calendar idea.

Sandi said...

I've been going thru my fabrics and prepping circles. Then as the mood feels I match a circle and background. Will probably mix them up when I finally sew everything together.

You've got some nice scraps.