Thursday, June 2, 2016

Big girl bed quilt

Now that Miss M is 2 and a half plus a bit  she now sleeps in a big girl bed when she comes visiting on the weekend so it is essential that she has her own big girl bed quilt.    I bought a panel a couple of years ago knowing that it would be too small as it is for a single bed so lots of borders would need to be added to make it the right size.   I decided to go with adding borders of matching fabric rather than making blocks as I wanted the panel to be the feature.

My dining room table has been commandeered while the quilting process takes place.   I decided to outline some of the shapes in the panel then just do stitch in the ditch around each of the borders.

 
I am making reasonable progress with the quilting.    I still have quite a bit of outlining to go plus stitching around each border then put on the binding.  

This quilt needs to be finished as a  priority so I am going to make it my OMG for June.

Linking with Red Letter Quilts. 

Back soon with photos of the finished item and in the meantime


Happy sewing all

4 comments:

cozykoza32a@gmail.com said...

Cannot wait to see it finished. I'll be checking back to see your progress.
Kathleen Mary
https://kathysnest32.wordpress.com/

Deb A said...

Good luck with your goals. She will be tickled pink to have her own big girl quilt to sleep under.

Helen said...

Love the fabrics and colours, looking great from what I can see :)

KaHolly said...

Making big girl Quilts is a favorite for me! My great niece got hers at the same age! I've already pieced her graduation quilt, too! I love little girls!