Monday, August 8, 2016

Rainbow Scrap Challenge for August

Really had me thinking when I read the requirements for this month - Misty mountains are the color inspiration for this time around.  Think of the hazy purple of a dawn sky with hints of evergreens and feel free to dip into the grey bin if you are low on the purples.

I had to go through my scraps and stash with a very open mind and  not be so discounting of as many fabrics as I have in the past when selecting my challenge colours.   As you can see  below I really based my selection on a very misty morning hence a lot of light colours with greys, lilacs and a smidge of very early morning pale gold thrown in.



Now onto sewing them up and adding them to my pile of pretties that have been gathering over the last 7 months.  

Last month my quilting group had an "in-house" workshop and one of the members showed us how to make a stained glass wall-hanging.  Our "homework" was to complete it and bring it back this month for "show and tell".  I enjoyed the process and result but can see that a large quilt is not in the foreseeable future.   



Back soon with a photo my newly sewn misty mountain 9 patch squares and in the meantime

Happy sewing all

 Linking with Quilting is more fun then Housework and So Scrappy

6 comments:

Sharm said...

nice colours! I remember taking part in a rainbow stashbuster a year or two ago ..... I managed to get part way through the year .....

The Joyful Quilter said...

You definitely captured it! The fabric chosen looks EXACTLY like what Angela suggested for this month. Happy quilting!!

Helen said...

Oh love your misty colours Karen !

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Lovely colors! I went with gray this month. But I really like those orchid colors you found. Thanks for linking up with Oh Scrap!

Marsha Cooper said...

How awesome that someone in your sewing group taught you how make that stained glass window design.
I'm itchin to be stitchin in a small group, but no luck finding any that are taking new members, and no luck rounding up gals to start one.

Anonymous said...

Hi Karen wow those colours are beautiful ,love your stained glass piece,well done my friend xx