Saturday, September 23, 2017

Blogger's Quilt Festival........

Is on again this year over at Amy's Creative Side.com.   Here is a place to gather and share some amazing work that has been created by bloggers during the year.   First of all I would like to share my 365 daily circles.   This was a fun project and used up a lot of those novelty prints to represent an activity that I did on each day of the year.  I set it out like a calendar and it is a lovely reminder of a year in my life.


My next "net" challenge was the rainbow challenge.   Each month we were given a different colour to work with and for some reason I decided to make 6 nine patch blocks of each colour with no clear direction of what would be done with them when finished.    Once all the blocks were finished I realised that there were not enough blocks to make a decent size single bed quilt so 4 extra colours of my choice were added in and this is the result.    The front


And this is the back


Back soon and in the meantime

Happy sewing all


10 comments:

ellieshomemadehome.blogspot.com said...

I love both the quilts but my favourite is your rainbow one, it is stunning :)

Ondrea said...

That circles quilt is lovely! You have achieved a lot in such a short time.

Quiltblocksandmore said...

Your circle quilt is amazing! I like that your focus was to represent things that have meaning to you.

Karen S said...

Your circle quilt looks wonderful. Well done for sticking to the challenge. And the rainbow quilt is great, too. Lovely solution to how to use all those blocks.

scraphappy said...

Love them both. Can't help but to be partial to the rainbows though!

Helen said...

Amazing circle quilt love the rainbow quilt.

Maria said...

Both are fabulous quilt buy I do love the bright rainbow one..

Tu-Na Quilts said...

Both quilts are wonderful. I do like the circle one and should think about making one since I need some hand work to do. Thanks for the inspiration.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats! for sticking with your Quilty 365 project. I love the Rainbow Quilt, too!!

Bethan said...

Beautiful projects! I've enjoyed watching you make them x