Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Oh What fun.....Not

I forgot the small matter of removing all those papers in the hexagons.   Three down and 9 to go.


For some diversional therapy I stopped off and had a play with a new thread rack that I bought during the week.   Don't they look pretty all lined up.   There are spaces for 60 spools and looking at what is still left in  my thread box I need to buy another one.    It is so much easier to match the thread to the fabric while they are stored  like this rather than rummaging through a box trying to find the right shade. 


Time to have some morning tea before heading back to those papers.   I had a plain packet cake mix in the cupboard and to that I added blueberries, banana and plain yogurt.   What a great way to jazz up an otherwise ordinary cake.   


Heading back  to the sewing room and on my way past the clothesline I will grab the backing fabric that was pre-washed earlier on.

Back soon and in the meantime

Happy sewing all




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Karen yes thats a job i hate doing too.
I love your new thread holder and your cake looks very yummy xx

Vera said...

Looks like you are working on your OMG goal! Good for you! Yummy looking cake :)

Käthe said...

Hallo Karen,
das ist aber mal ein schöner Garnrollenhalter !
Liebe Grüße
Käthe

Goofin' Off Around the Block said...

Karen, How fun that you've got a new toy to store all those lovely shades of thread. I dearly need one myself. Your cake looks delicious. Any chance you can share the recipe?

Maria said...

Bet all your papers are out now...
Great way to store the threads but like you I'd need at least two racks..
Cake looks delicious...