Friday, November 24, 2017

A hidden gem

Hubs and I have just returned home from a few days at Nelson Bay.   An area that neither of us have ever stayed at so we were not quite sure what to expect.   Friends had told us about the area in the past but for some reason we just kept driving past the turn off and headed further north.   No more will we be doing that.   What a lovely surprise we both had.   Such a pretty area with lots of  shops to  browse in and easy walks around the streets.  This path leads down to the Marina.


Our hotel overlooking the Bay


I did make a list of three items that I wanted to do whilst away.  No 1 was to buy some fresh prawns and oysters and enjoy them with a glass of my favourite white wine on the balcony of our room overlooking the Bay.  Ticked.


No 2 on the list was to do a dolphin cruise around the Bay and see some of the 140 bottlenose dolphins that call this place home.  This was the boat that took me cruising around the Bay for over an hour and a  half.


Unfortunately the dolphins were proving to be very elusive yesterday and after chasing around the Bay for an hour only one was spotted.  If you look very carefully you can see it just in front of the pole.   Ticked....... I suppose.


And the third item on my list was to have a swim  in one of those white sandy secluded bays.  We drove around the point from where we were staying to Fingal Bay and this is where I had my first swim of the season.   You can see my head just sticking out of the water.  Ticked.

 
And as an added bonus I decided to try out the pool at our hotel.


Sometimes it is so easy to overlook what is under our noses.  With just over 2 and a half hours drive north of us we have put Nelson Bay on "the return to one day list" and hopefully in the not too distant future. 

Fortunately for me I am home in time to take part in FNSI to finish off my week nicely.   I have had a request for a couple of twirly dresses for Miss M so while the washing machine is grinding away it is the ideal time to cut out the fabric ready to put through the overlocker during  the next couple of days. 


Back soon and in the meantime


Happy sewing all


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Karen sounds like a wonderful holiday,love that you got your goals ticked off.
The little pattern for the dress looks quite cute,hope you have a lovely weekend Karen 💋

Helen said...

Thanks Karen sounds like the perfect getaway spot. Cute pattern for a little girls dress.

Ondrea said...

Such a nice getaway. Love the Twirly dress fabric.

Alcea Rosea 31 said...

It's great to do something special. With two grandsons I don't get to sew little dresses, just super hero capes etc.