Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Caught in the act

Over the past few weeks I have noticed holes appearing in the soft earth areas of the garden.   My first thought was "that bandicoot is at it again" but on closer inspection these holes are smaller and not in the grassy areas of the yard.    A couple of days ago when working in my kitchen I just happened to look up and see earth being sprayed around.   Out I go to have a closer look and  found the culprit at last.   An eastern water dragon.   Head down and front claws busy.


Here it is with its head up looking at me looking at it.


On the other side of the garden we have a resident blue tongue lizard.    They are good for keeping down the snails and by the look of the size this one many snails have been consumed over the past few months.   Or there could be another reason......soon to be a mummy.    Perish the thought of many baby blue tongues running around the backyard. 


On the sewing front I discovered that I had run out of 1/4" elastic and so the twirly dresses have come to a standstill until I buy some more.     All that needs to be done is slot it through the neck and sleeve casings and the job is done. 

I did have a play around with the red scraps.


More on that experiment later.    Sadly the last remaining hexie block is still waiting  to be completed.     Tomorrow for that one.

Back soon and in the meantime

Happy sewing all

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Karen glad you found out what was making the holes in your yard.
Can't wait to see the twirly dresses,hope you have a lovely day my friend xx

Anthea said...

Interesting little creature making those holes, glad you now know who creates them, Karen!
I love the blue tongue; if it's pregnant, let me tell you the babies are so cute, all smooth & shiny... we had a little family make their home in our garden a few years ago, I loved to see them moving around... they were in a quiet pat of our property so they were happily undisturbed.

Mia said...

Well, Karen, I like the beautiful dragon! Have a great day, my friend.

Bethan said...

What interesting wildlife in your garden! x