Saturday, December 2, 2017

A long time ago

While I was finishing off the last of the hand stitching on the last hexie rosette this morning for some reason the  skipping rhyme that we used to sing when much much younger came into my head

When I was in the kitchen
Doing a bit of stitching
In came the bogey man 
And out I ran

I was not in the kitchen nor did the bogey man come in but I was sitting and stitching.


So now no more reason not to finish off the hexie quilt this month as after lunch I will head off to my sewing room to make a start on sewing the rosette onto the background fabric.  

Linking with OMG at Elm Street Quilts for December. 

Back soon and in the meantime

Happy sewing all

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Karen oh I can't wait to see this finished,hope you have a lovely weekend 💋

Ondrea said...

I have never heard that rhyme before. A lovely way to spend time in the kitchen and I am looking forward to seeing your beautiful quilt completed.

Patty said...

Looking forward to seeing this quilt - just started hexies myself. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.

Pamela Arbour said...

I have never heard that one either! Glad you are stitching!

Sherrie said...

Hi,
Beautiful rosette. I'm sure it will
be beautiful when finished. Have
a great day!

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

That sounds like that could be a jump rope song. Looks like you are almost finished.

Anthea said...

Wow Karen, I can't wait to see your quilt... hope you have fun finishing it off... without the Bogeyman!

Sharon - IN said...

I'm taking EPP with me as I travel later this month. Good luck on yours, I'm looking forward to see the complete quilt!