Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Scrunchies

I have it on good authority....ie via bloggers....that scrunchies are back in fashion.   I remember making these about 30 years ago...I guess the wheel is constantly revolving.     I decided to make one the other day for Miss M to firstly see how she liked it and secondly if it would stay in her hair.   It was a big hit with her and it did stay in place.


I have been requested by Miss M to "make lots more please grandma".    Not only do they look pretty in her hair but they are so much kinder to the hair than elastic.  

Back soon and in the meantime


Happy sewing all

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Karen what a great idea and Miss M looks gorgeous with her new scunchie,well done xx

Anthea said...

Everything seems to come back into fashion at some time or other, Karen!
Great sewing there, you'll have a happy grand daughter with her hair accessorised beautifully by your clever sewing!

Bethan said...

I used to love scrunchies! What a great make - I'm glad Miss M likes it! x

Anonymous said...

I still have one that's crocheted with little tiny bells in it. When my hair is long, I still wear it, many decades after a friend made it for me. =) She has an adorable profile.

Ondrea said...

LOL I remember making them for my girls when they were children and for birthday pressies for their friends. Looks like you will have a production line happening.

harada57 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

You should be a part of a contest for one of the finest sites on the internet.
I will highly recommend this website!

Anonymous said...

Hey there! I could have sworn I've been to this site before but after reading through some of the post I realized it's
new to me. Nonetheless, I'm definitely happy I found it and
I'll be book-marking and checking back often!